Our staff at PBR will help you to determine whether your home requires a re-roof or tear-off. When we say re-roof, we mean that your existing roof is only in need of new shingles.
When we inspect your existing roof, we look to make sure that another roof can be installed over the existing roof. We check for soft spots which may indicate rotten decking. We pay close attention to the areas in valleys, and around chimneys, skylights, and vents. We also see how many layers of roofing material you have on your home. To be in compliance with code, your home can only have two layers. If you have two layers on your existing roof we will have to tear-off.
Our roofing experts will help you through one of the toughest parts of selecting a new roof: making decisions. You have so many options. We will help you find the answer to any questions you may have.
- What kind of roofing system will work best for your roof?
- What shingle colors are available? Which will look best with your siding or brick?
- Which shingle texture will give you the finished effect you want?
- Which shingle will enhance curb-appeal?
- Which shingle will give you the warranty you’re looking for?
- Do you need additional ventilation? Replacing existing skylights?
When you choose a roofing system from PBR you get a variety of shingle options:
- Styles and colors – a wide selection of attractive shingles are available to suit different style homes and personal tastes. You can choose architectural shingles in a textured, multilayered look which adds richness and depth to your roof or traditional 3-tab shingles that are economical, yet attractive with a smooth, crisp appearance. Color choices range from natural shades in warm browns to the bolder, intense color of cool grays.
- Durability – shingle warranties are an indication of durability. Warranties range from 25 years, 30 years, 50 years, and a life time. Each warranty includes a variety of features for years of performance.
Even the best shingle won’t last if it is not professionally installed. At PBR, our experienced crews will ensure that all labor associated with the application of your roof system will be covered by a workmanship warranty.
We go above and beyond to ensure maximum protection for your roof:
- Ice & water shield leak barrier will be used at all valleys and roof areas that are prone to infiltration. Hard blowing rains, snow, and fluctuating temperatures add additional stress to these areas. This strong, flexible material with its self-adhering underlayment will create a barrier beneath your shingles by sealing around the deck and nails for added protection.
- We inspect all metal flashings and vents to ensure they’re in good condition. Shingles will not properly seal with bent or damaged flashings. We will replace all soil-pipe flanges to ensure the best protection around these areas. We will also paint pipes, vents, flashing etc. to best match the color of shingles to give your roof a finished look.
- We will cut back all tree limbs away from the roof edges. Did you know that branches rubbing back and forth on your roof will lessen the life of your shingles? The constant wearing away of the protective granules and coating will expose your roof.
- When we have finished installing your new roof system, we will clean out all gutters of trash and debris to ensure that water can freely escape your roof. Water that cannot pass through your gutters can actually back up and get behind your shingles at the roof edge which can cause possible leaks and wood damage.
Additional options for the homeowner to consider when deciding a roofing system:
- Attic ventilation system which can include power vents, turbine vents, and/or ridge vents are designed to help balance attic temperatures. This allows your heating and cooling system to work more efficiently and prolongs the life of your new roof. Our staff can help you to decide what vents will work best for the size home that you have.
- New drip edge at the roof edges will protect the deck and fascia boards against deterioration.
Get started on selecting your new roof system today.