As a homeowner, it is always important to check the condition of your roof from the ground. You can probably identify minor problems such as missing shingles. But occasionally it is a good idea for an experienced roofing professional to examine the condition of your roof.
- Are you looking to sell your home and wanting to assure potential buyers to the condition of the roof?
- Are you looking to buy a home and want to know that the roof has any potential problems?
- Are you unable to get on your roof but want an evaluation to ensure your roof is in good condition?
A PBR experienced inspector will assess the current condition of your roof. We look at the following things:
- Compare the age of the existing roof with the life expectancy
- Count how many layers of roofing material is on your roof
- Examine roof for granule loss, missing shingles, and cracked shingles
- Check for soft spots, rotten or damaged decking
- Inspect potential trouble areas in valleys, chimneys, and skylights
- Check all penetrations to make sure they are in working condition
- Inspect all flashings at walls, chimneys, pipes, and vents
- Inspect all gutters and downspouts
- Make sure that tree branches are not scraping the roof shingles
If you need a written inspection for closing to sell your home or to buy a new home, PBR can provide one for you. Or if you just want something less formal for your peace of mind, then let the roofing experts at PBR know you are ready for your roof inspection!